Thursday, December 3, 2015

Authentically Sovereign

The world is such a harsh place.  As I watched the new unfold yesterday my heart broke.  My heart broke for the people that this tragedy is going to affect for years to come.  To be gunned down in the middle of a Christmas Celebration, people who give their lives to help those with disabilities on a daily basis.  

Why?  

It is times like these when I have the hardest time trusting that God is sovereign.  I know He is.  I know that there will be good things that come out of this tragedy, but I just can't stomach all the hurt and pain that it is going to cause in the meantime.  

My heart hurts for our country.  

My heart hurts for those that believe the only way to make a difference is by killing.  

My heart hurts for a world in which violence seems to be the only answer to problems, and differences.  

Hate is driving too many people in this world.  Hate for those that do not look like you.  Hate for those that do not believe the same things you do.  Hate for those that live in a different  area of the world.  Hate for those that resemble people that have done horrific crimes.  So much hate....

I can't handle it.  I can't physically watch another news report where hate is driving us farther and farther from love, each other and truth.  

Today I realized though that I am not supposed to be able to handle it.  I am not supposed to just ignore it.  I need it to affect me, I need it to reach down in my soul and make me want to change the world.  

For as a person who loves Jesus.....am I not called to action.  If I sit around just browsing my newsfeed.....that's doing nothing to change this place.  

So...I pray, I ponder, and I love.  I don't hate, I don't judge, and I don't give up.  

For God's love is bigger than me...and He is Sovereign.  

No comments: