Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Rejection.... when pieces of me come unglued

Sometimes rejection comes in the weirdest of forms.  Most of the time rejection comes from people that we thought would never reject us.  That person that we thought for sure would be there through thick and thin.  Most often we have put them on a pedestal, and never imagined that they would do something that could cause us to see them in anyway but good. 


That's the thing though, rejection comes in like a tornado, and tries to destroy everything in its path.  Rejection makes you second guess who you are, and the potential for who you can be.  Rejection puts blinders on you and forces you to see yourself as this awful human being incapable of being loved. 


We all have been rejected at one time or another.  Each time rejection takes hold of my heart, and shakes it up a bit.  I try to guard against the pieces falling off, but each time I feel like I lose a little piece of me.  I become guarded because I don't want to keep losing pieces or I will have nothing left. 

We can't actually stop rejection.  It is a human feeling, a fallen, broken world issue.  Rejection makes us see things in a new light, and opens us up for pain.  Pain of never being good enough. 

Sometimes though rejection makes us realize what we have.  The rejection of one person forces us to ask ourselves who we have that we know will be there for us no matter what. 

I wrote most of this blog yesterday when I was pretty into my emotions.  I was feeling pretty down about myself, and I honestly was second guessing my worth. 

Today though, through A LOT of prayer.  I feel SO much better.  I can see things a little more clearly.  I don't quite have the same feeling that I am nothing that I was allowing myself to be into, and I am thankful. 

I am thankful for prayer.  I am thankful that prayer allows me to connect with God, look outside of myself and give my feelings over. 

I am sure that there will be moments today when the rejection creeps in.  But in those moments I am able to remember that it is okay that I don't feel enough.  It is okay that I sometimes have to be reminded of how loved I am.  For I am not perfect, and I have a God that meets me in that imperfection. 

No comments: