Thursday, February 22, 2018

Lent 2018- Day 7 (When God Says Wait)...

Not too long ago I was praying for something, and I distinctly heard God tell me to wait.  I wasn't really sure what I was waiting for.  I still don't know if I actually know what I am waiting for, but there is something brewing that I think just maybe is what I was supposed to be waiting for. 

During this season of Lent, I am trying really hard to not be on social media as much, and take more time to pray, think and take time for people.  I don't always get it right, and in fact I have failed to love people the way I should this past week.  But I also think that the thing about love is standing up for myself.  In many ways I have only just found my voice in the last couple of years.  I have tried really hard to be a person that loves others, but also has boundaries.  I have also tried really hard to think about how my actions and words will affect others.  We don't always know where people are coming from.  Actually most of the time we don't, so being able to see things from someone's perspective is something that I strive to do, every single time.  There are times though when even when I see something from someone else's perspective it is okay for me to just let them go. 

As I wait for God to clearly answer me in this one area, I have to think through this past year.  There has been so much that has happened.  Last year at this time I was applying for every job I could come across in the United States, and actually even a few countries.  I had no idea where I was going to go next, and what I would be doing.  I was hoping for a camp job.

There was a lot of waiting, and contemplating.  There was a lot of thinking through things, and praying.  Ultimately God gave me a job that isn't my forever job, but it is what I need for now.  He put people in the place of work that I needed.  He allowed me to be able to find my worth again. 

When I see exactly where I am right now, it makes it easier during this "waiting" time yet again.  Although this time the wait is for a different reason, I know that He is faithful.  I am not sure if the wait will result in what I hope it to, but I know that whatever the answer, it will be good. 

So I wait.  I wait for the resurrection of my King.  I wait for my Savior to come back, and I wait for God to answer my prayers about some things. 

I don't lose hope, although sometimes it is tempting to lose it, and wish that I could know how His plan would unfold.  But that would take all the fun out of the wait, right? 

No comments: