Thursday, February 15, 2018

Lent 2018- Day 1

I'm making it my goal to post a blog a day during Lent.  I am not sure what it will exactly evolve into, but I am excited to see how it goes.  Already today I have been able to read a couple of devotionals, and think about what this season is supposed to mean for me.  Thinking about the sacrifice, thinking about what it means to love beyond myself.

Today one of my devotionals was about God being present in grief.  In the past month I have had a lot of friends lose loved ones.  Their lives are so filled with grief.  How do we see God in that?  How do we find comfort in the grief, in the process?  To see others grief is to love them.

If I don't look at others and see their pain and suffering, what good is it?  What am I doing in this world if I am not trying to help ease what others are going through?  Today my focus is on that.  The pain and suffering that happens on a daily basis in this broken and fallen world, and how I can love people through that mess.

I don't claim perfection, and I know I won't get it right... but I am going to try. 

Today ended with finding out there had been a school shooting in Florida.  I'm so sad right now for that community, and for our world.  What pain must someone be going through to need to shoot up a school that they were expelled from.  Why?  I don't get it?

So, I grieve for the lost lives.  I grieve for the families, and I hope that one day soon there is no more pain caused by school shootings.  We have to figure this out.  

No comments: