Saturday, December 8, 2018

Advent- Day 8

I'm finally caught up on my Days of Advent.  I want to get to a place where I have time for everything that I need.  Right now I feel like my time is so rushed, and there aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done.  Mostly I want to have more time to just be.  To just be with people.  To love them, to help them, and to understand them.  When I think about Jesus, He isn't a Jesus that walked around throwing tables over all the time, or kicking out refugees.  He is a Jesus that was there for people.  God with us- Immanuel.  He was a Jesus that would wait and listen until you had everything off your chest that you needed to say.  I want to get to a place where I can be that kind of person.  The kind that listens even though I have a billion other things to do, and have already heard the story you are telling me 20 times.  The kind of person that doesn't judge other's life choices.  The kind of person that is able to understand where people are coming from, and tries my best to see Jesus in every person that I meet.  On this day of advent, my focus is to be with others.  Intentionally with them, loving them right where they are.  Just like He did for me. 

No comments: