Monday, December 3, 2018

Advent- Day 3

One of my devotionals in the You Version is all about Hope this week.  I really think that I need this reminder because I feel like there are a lot of things I have lost hope in.  For instance getting married and being a mom.  I really do think  that my hope is gone in that every happening for me.  It will be a mourning process, and then I will move on.  But I just don't know that I believe at this point that it can really happen. 

Does that mean that I have lost hope in God?  No, it doesn't.  But it just means that I think that His plans might not be my plans.  It is sad for me, and I wish it wasn't that way, but I just think that's the way it is. 

I do still have Hope though.  I have hope that one day Jesus will come back and reconcile this world.  Broken relationships, are the number one thing that I can't wait for him to redeem.  I hate when things get so messed up.  Misunderstandings happen, and most of the time when communication happens and two or more people are willing to see things from the other person's point of view... they can be fixed.  But there are the sometimes when the relationships are just broken and there is nothing that can be done to repair them.  So, my hope is in the coming of Jesus.  In the restoration of those relationships.  In the coming of the Prince of Peace. 

While I am waiting I am going to do everything that I can to understand others, and communicate love.  I know that I am going to fail, a lot.  But I am going to try my best.  Putting my Hope in the one that knows brokenness is the best way to start.  At least that's what I think! 

No comments: