Sunday, December 30, 2018

2019.... Focus

2019 will be here in less than two days.  I LOVE this time of year!  Although I have always said that I feel like the New Year should actually start in August, but it doesn't so here we go. 

This next year I want to focus on doing the things that are going to make me a healthy, happier person.  I noticed that I start a lot of things and don't finish them.  Or I get to February and just give up.  So this year is going to be focused.  I am going to work out, I am going  to eat right, I am going to journal and pray, I am going to read more.  These are the things that I know will help me to be healthier and happier.  I am not going to make excuses anymore of why I can't do this or that.  So if I say no to a social activity, or don't seem as present  on social media, it is just because I am over here living my life to the fullest! 

I'm thankful that I am finally in a place of healing.  The past 5 years had a lot of brokenness.  Brokenness as a teacher, as a friends, and as a human being.  I found myself struggling with how to even function.  This past year I spent a lot of time healing  and searching for who I wanted to be and the truths that I knew to be true about myself.  I am so thankful to have let go of the things and people that broke me. 

Here's to 2019.  May I stay focused on what's important, finish the tasks set before me, and let go of those things that don't belong!  May it be the BEST YET!

No comments: