Saturday, December 8, 2018

Advent- Day 7

Sin.  There is so much of it in this world.  By nature we choose to do things everyday that are not good.  We are selfish beings.  Some people believe in a God that sent His son to die to save people from the awful things that they do.  I choose to believe.  But it doesn't mean that sometimes I don't doubt, or ask why.  I often find myself wondering why I put so much of my time and energy into a world that is being destroyed on a daily basis by our sin, by my own sin.  I let it run my life.  I don't look up most of the time.  Instead I wallow in the awfulness that happens to me, and those that I love.  I take refuge in the world, instead of the One I believe to have come to redeem His people.  As I go through my day, may my focus and refuge be up, instead of out. 

No comments: