Monday, January 20, 2020

Book #4 of 2020: Daisy Jones & The Six

Book #4 of 2020

Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid

Loved this book!  It was written in such a way that the characters, the band everything about it seems real.  I loved the style of this book, and the way that the author made the different perspectives come to life.  There were so many different characters involved in this story.  There is a reason that this book was one of the Book of the Year for 2019 Book of the Month Club books!  It definitely earned it!

I loved Daisy's character.... not that I could relate to the addiction part of it a lot, but I did relate to the rest of it.  I was amazed by this vibrant character.... and just how her story unfolded.

I also loved this story because it was about a character who loved someone she could never have....

I don't really feel that way in the current moment, but I have felt that way in the past.  I think if we are honest we all have.  We love someone that just slips through our fingers.  The hurt and pain of that love....  it makes us feel like we will never be able to have a way out.  We don't think there will ever be anyone to come along to replace that love... until there is.

I liked this book a lot because the story didn't end how you might think it would.  It is not like all of the characters lives ended happily ever after.  In fact no one in this book really ends up the way that you might think they would.

It is real, without being real.  And it is about a band!  I mean who doesn't love reading about a 70's band?  The drugs, the sex, the everything that made it the 70's!  And Rock N' Roll!

Definintely will be one of my favorites of the year!


No comments: