Monday, January 20, 2020

Book #3 of 2020: Oh You Pretty Things

Book #3 of 2020

Oh You Pretty Things by Shanna Mahin

This book has been on my shelf for a year or so... and I just didn't have the time to pick it up and read it.  But after the last book that really made my brain hurt at times, in a good way... I decided I would read this one…. even though it isn't on my list at all!

But it was good.

It takes place in Hollywood... and if  you know me at all you know that I do love me some Hollywood drama!  I still think one of the best trips I ever took was to LA, when I stayed in the Beverly Hills Hilton hotel.  It was amazing.... now it doesn't beat a beach or mountain trip at all... but it was definitely fun to pretend I was rich for a little while!  I have since then changed the way I live my life, and want to live my life... but that will be one of those trips that I never forget for sure!

This book made me think a lot about friendships, and the way that we choose to look at other people. Sometimes I think that we try to get the approval of others... and we live our whole lives trying to get this approval that in the end really doesn't matter.  Right?

I feel like that is what this book was about.... the way that people we think are the ones to be like, really aren't at all in the long run.  The way that we tend to put people on a pedestal that really do not deserve to be on that pedestal.  It was a great story....

It wasn't a love story... which I found refreshing because so many books are about that.  And although I do love a good love story... I would rather that not be the sole focus of every single book I read!

This book also taught me about not waiting to say what you need to say.

We don't know what tomorrow will bring....

We have to tell people we love them when the time is right there.....


No comments: