Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Transitional Places

Tonight I don't have a whole lot to say, but there are a couple of thoughts that have been running through my head.  What if some places and times are just meant as transitional to get you into the next big phase of your life.  I know some people only believe in moments of time...and aren't big picture people...but it has occurred to me that Kuwait to the Philippines just might have been a transitional time for me.  A year to just step back and go into the next big phase.  It might just be me being hopeful...but for some reason I feel like I am right about this.  College was a transitional time.  It is the normal transitional time.  As I think about it, I feel like Egypt was probably another transitional time.  I don't think that college really brought me into adulthood.  I think that living thousands of miles away in a country that had a different culture and background...well that helped me grow up real fast.  

I feel like forever I have thought that each step that we take has to be the next step in a chapter.  That it has to be this great chapter, and that there can't be anything straying and no reading between the lines.  But maybe there isn't one huge chapter after another.  Maybe there are quotes in between the chapters.  Maybe being here is like my quote.  The preface to what is to come.  

No comments: