Thursday, January 2, 2014

Life isn't about the days or weeks that pass you by...it's about the moments that you live

The second day of 2014....I wish I could say that I did something amazing.  I wish I could say that I had the time of my life, but I didn't.  I did start out my day sleeping in and reading a book.  I spent today thinking about all the things that I have done during my life, and what I still want to accomplish.  I was thinking about patience.  That's my word for the day.  Patience is needed to figure out what my purpose in life is, what is life anyways?  We each have our own moments, we each of our own thoughts.  I wonder if I were to go back to my 9 year old self and ask questions about my life.  I wonder if my dreams really have come true?  Have I lived up to my name?  Do I take risks?  

I hope and pray that in the moments ahead I can take them one at a time.  I hope that every moment I am able to be patient and not hope for the next.  I want to live, and breathe.  To be healthy and know at the end of my days that I did the best that I could.  That I loved the best that I could, that I lived to change the world around me.  

Is that teaching?  I am not sure....but I will continue on, until I figure it out.  

Today's  moments were spent reading, writing, thinking, praying, and communicating.  What will tomorrow's moments bring?  Not sure yet, but I will live each one to its fullest!  

No comments: