Sunday, August 23, 2020

40 B4 40 Updated!

 When I was 36 I made a list of things I wanted to do and places I wanted to go before I turned 40.  At the time it seemed like 40 was SO far away!  Now....  I turn 39 a week from today.  I look at that list and I think....  it was a good list... I didn't accomplish most of what I wanted to... but mostly because of money.  Some because of discipline, and a lot because I just didn't have as much time  as I hoped I would.  So I am making a new list....  one that I feel confident I can accomplish this next year.  I am going to work really hard to accomplish it.  Here it is!  


#1 Learn how to fly fish

#2 Visit at least 10 different MO state parks that I have not already been to

#3 Send 5 pieces of real mail each month

#4 Walk 30 minutes everyday for 365 days

#5 Knit a blanket

#6 Go on a multi-day backpacking trip

#7  Journal everyday

#8 Read 52 books

#9 Take tennis lessons

#10 Run a 1/2 marathon

#11 Get a bike

#12 Go to a race (car not horse)

#13 Pay down debt

#14 Go to 5 museums/historic landmarks I haven't been to

#15 Blog once a week

#16 Minimize my stuff/clothes

#17 Drive down the Pacific Coast Highway

#18 Paint/craft once a month

#19 Listen to 4 podcasts a month

#20 Write my book

#21 Connect with family once a week

#22 Connect with close friends once a month

#23 Take horseback riding lessons

#24 Research gardening, and have a garden plan for a box garden or future garden

#25 Make a new dish once a month

#26 Host a multi-course dinner party with food made from scratch

#27 Get finances in order, write a will

#28 Get my passport renewed

#29 Do a Jen session 5/7 days a week

#30 Have a tech free day once a month

#31 Get my hair professionally dyed a crazy color (aqua or pin)

#32 Go to a spa or hot springs

#33 Take a baking class

#34 Take steps to become a respite/foster parent, and have my first kid(s)

#35 Visit 3 new states

#36 Complete 5 random acts of kindness each month

#37 Hike 10 new trails

#38 Practice Yoga 1-2 times each week

#39 Get a new tattoo

#40 Plan and execute my 40th birthday trip


I tried to mix up this list to not have everything cost money!  So hopefully I can accomplish all of these things by next year!  

No comments: