Thursday, December 19, 2019

Is 2019 over yet?

I've had this thought multiple times in the past few days.  It isn't because 2019 was a bad year.  It wasn't a bad year at all.  It just held a lot of ups and downs.  A lot moments of trying to understand my place in this world.  Don't get me wrong, I did a lot of fun things, I had a lot of dreams and plans for this year.  This was going to be the year, you know?  Yet here I am almost nearing the end of it, and I am not sure if I truly accomplished even half of what I set out to accomplish.  But I know this.  I've learned a lot.  I've learned about who I am, who I want to be and who God is.  This year was a very long journey.  There were quite a few lonely moments.  But then there were moments when I realized just how important I am to people, and I am thankful for that.

I tried to fit in to a lot of different places this year.  I said good-bye to people and places that I no longer fit into.  But I also welcomed some new places some new people that I didn't know I would find a place to belong with.  The thing is that what this year has taught me is a lot about who I am, and how I interact with those around me.

We all come with baggage, right?  We have had people walk away from us, we have lost people that we thought would be in our lives forever.  We have been hurt, and rejected.  We have been loved by the wrong person multiple times, or had to reject someone because they did not work out and bring out the best in us.  But it depends on what we do with those moments.

This year I let those things almost break me.... but you know what?  I've had some pretty epic people come into my life, that make me want to heal from those wounds.

So... 2019... maybe it wasn't a year for a lot of memorable things, but I sure learned a lot and I had a lot of fun moments with friends and family....  Here are some of my highlights, or memorable things....


* I read a lot of books!  There will be a post about those later, when I get my final number of books read for 2019!!!

*My word for the year was FOCUS, and I feel like I did a pretty good job of focusing on my goals for the year.  I didn't accomplish all of them, but I made progress!

*I got to tutor a lot of Korean students this year, and it was a blast.

*I did a lot of cooking this year, and I love it!

*I started sewing a quilt, something that I need to get back to doing.  I love it.

*I learned about hygge, and started trying to make it a part of my life

*I got to be a Queen for True/False!  It was amazing!

*I had garden, and it actually grew things that I got to use in my cooking.

*I have plants that are thriving on my patio.

*My city flooded... a lot, as well as a lot of the Katy Trail

*I grew microgreens, and they were delicious

*I went to the Kentucky Derby, and made two of my hats!

*I went camping in 3 different state parks

*I joined a small group in JC

* I stopped leading the three year old class.

* There was a tornado in my city

* I got a new niece

*I spent most of my summer hanging out at the pool, reading

*I had a fun trip to Branson/Kentucky

* I got a different position at my job

*I've had some great epic weekends full of football, beer, and staying out late

*Tailgating at all the home games I could

* Tried a new fun drink... Mt. Dew and apple whiskey

*One of the best homecoming weekends I've been to

*Backpacked overnight in a huge storm, and almost had to climb up a cliff

*Went to Michigan to the northern peninsula and got to taste all the wine

*Work trips to Joplin, Rolla, St. Louis, and Springfield


This year has been a good one, but I am happy to close the door.  I truly believe that 2020 holds some things I have been praying and hoping for...…

No comments: