Sunday, December 29, 2019

2020 Transformation

I'm not sure what the next few days will bring, but I want to go ahead and get this written out while I am in the mood for writing.  Also... the Packers are not doing great so I need something to help me not throw things at the TV.

Here we are on the cusp of a new year.  I am overwhelmed with how this year is turning out compared to how it started.  I am thankful and amazed by how much better I feel about things than I even did a few months ago.  Sometimes we just have to give ourselves time to work through things.  We just have to realize that prayers works.  It may not always end the way we expect it to, but God truly does hear our prayers, and knows our hearts.

So... the year 2020 is going to be a year for Transformation.  A year that I stop making excuses for the goals I have, and start putting things into action.  I am really good at making plans and goals.  I don't always follow through with them.  So... here I sit.. knowing that about myself.  I know that I would rather put things off, until I can't possibly put them off anymore.  I know that.  I know that I have a lot of work to do on myself.  This year is going to be that kind of year.  Not a completely self focused year, but I am truly going to do what I need to do for myself.  I'm not going to conform to what others want me to be.  It's amazing how when you surround yourself with people that genuinely like you and want to spend time with you, your perspective about yourself can change.  I realize that I am not perfect, but I also realize that I'm a pretty damn good person to have in your life.

Part of this transformation means spending time getting rid of stuff.  Not just physical material things, but stuff from the past that wants to continue to hold me down.  I am done with that.... So I am going to work really hard this year to be in a good place.  Hopefully that also means a relationship will happen, but we shall see about that...

Here's to more transformation in 2020:

*52 hikes in 52 weeks!  This may not mean a hike a week, but I want to get 52 hikes in!  I am hoping this will be all around the state, at all of the different state parks.

*52 books in 52 weeks!  I had this goal this year, but didn't quite make it.  My hope is to make it happen this next year!

*Walk at least 30 minutes a day....  this is going to be a lot, but I want to do it!

*Spend time in the morning first thing with God everyday.  This means waking up 1/2 hour before my alarm!  I am so bad at this... but I want to do it!

*Cut down on the amount of sugar I eat!  (trying Whole 30)

*Finish Writing my book

*Start a Singles over 30 ministry/group

*When I'm with people, not being on my phone... unless it is a situation where I am not needing to give one-on-one attention

Whew!  This is quite the list... but I'm ready!  2020... I'm waiting for you!  #bestyearyet

1 comment:

Beverley Baird said...

Great post - here's to a wonderful year of transformation!