Friday, April 7, 2017

F is for Failure #atozchallenge #fisforfailure

This month I am posting about risk, and words that contribute to the risks I take in my life!

F is for failure!  There is no doubt that we all have failed, and if you are anything like me I fail pretty much what seems like 5 billion times every single day!  I used to view my failures in a very negative way.  From early on I never seemed to live up to anyone's idea of who I should be.  I think that is one of the worse things about being the oldest child is the need to be the best at everything, and prove yourself worthy of all the hopes and dreams your parents had for their firstborn.  When I would fail, whether it was missing points on a test, not remembering to pick up my room in a timely manner, or talking just a little too sassy to others... I would analyze it for the next few weeks.  I mean seriously analyze it.  I would go through every second of that failure and basically told my self what a horrible person I was.

Enough years of this failure self talk and I began to think that I wasn't worth anything.  The risks I had taken resulted in an utter loss of who I was made to be.  I got caught up in thinking about my view as a failure instead of all the good things that I was doing or had accomplished!

So... failing as an adult looks a little different.  I know that I will fail.  There will be things that I don't do perfectly.  But theses failures comes with a new knowledge.  Knowledge that everyone fails.  Knowledge that my failures along the way have made me stronger, and better.  Knowledge that failure doesn't mean less risk, it means risk more. With every risk that turns into a failure I learn a little bit more about who I am, and a little bit more about my contributions and part in this crazy, beautiful world.



4 comments:

Martha Reynolds said...

Oh, failure, my friend! How you've helped me to be the person I am today. 😉

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting this, something I needed to hear today. I found looking at failure as a positive is challenging some days but most of the time- I can see the benefits of failing creatively.

Secrets Theme (AC)
Decadent Kane Visiting from the A-Z Challenge
Paranormal Romance Author

Alex said...

I learned to embrace failure when I realized that failure is an opportunity to reevaluate your options and possibly end up with something even better.
Or cut your losses. Depends on the situation I suppose. :)

Debby said...

I like your goals. I divorced my first husband in my early 40's and was a single mom raising 3 teen boys. When I look back, those were the BEST years of my adult life. Surprisingly, I took more risks. I'm content now - in my 60's and my goals are just to remain healthy and happy. To stay away from the negatives of life. Enjoy every moment.

If you get a chance, stop by - Genealogy and German-Americans



From 1840 to 1880, GERMANS were the largest group of immigrant