Sunday, January 1, 2017

1/2017

My first blog of the new year.  Today I was able to start my New Year off with so many great things!  3 year olds, an amazing church, a hike, and lots of reading, journaling, and creativity.  I'm so thankful for the new beginning that this year is. I am so thankful that no matter where I go, God will always be with me.  I am so thankful that I can begin new things in 2017. 

I was talking to some members of my family tonight, and they were like, why make resolutions?  To me, it isn't really about the fact that my whole life is going to change.  It is the fact that I am trying.  I am trying to do things that are going to enhance my life, and make me a better person.  Resolutions to me are about examining where I was this last year and where I want to go. 

I know that I won't meet every one of my goals.  I know that there will be times when I won't want to read before I go to work, or before I go to bed.  But I think that making goals is a great start. 

This year is about Jesus for me.  This year is about getting to know Him in a greater way.  This year is about opening up my life to risking whatever I need to in order to fulfill what I was meant to do, where I was meant to do it.  I don't think that means playing it safe.  I don't think that means having the "American Dream."  I think that means that it is time for me to move forward.  It is time for me to be authentic in my quest for those things that will truly enable me to love in a greater way. 

No comments: