Monday, January 2, 2017

2/2017

Community is what you make of it, people are in your life for a reason.  Tomorrow my life could take a drastic turn.  I am not actually sure what might happen.  All I know is that 2017 has given me the opportunity to make that turn, if I need to.  I want community.  I want people in my life that want to be there. 

Tonight I had the opportunity to catch up with an old friend, and chat with some new ones.  The conversations I have had these past few weeks, have been conversations that have shown me how my life can and should change. 

Maybe my life doesn't look like yours.  I don't have kids, I'm not married.  I never thought it mattered that those things weren't part of my life.  But, as it turns out I think that there are just certain people that once they get married or start to have kids, they just don't want to be in my life because they feel like we have nothing in common, or whatever the reason. 

I would pretty much give up anything for people that have been there for me, and that are in my life.  In fact I have.  My heart was a little hurt tonight by something I found out, but I will get over it, because I'm not going to make this year about loss.  I am going to make this year about risks and gaining.  I am going to make this year about adventure, love, and surrounding myself with people that bring me strength.

So, here's to the second day of 2017.  Here's to community, and love.  Here's to investing in those that want me, and letting go of those that don't.   Here's to community. 

No comments: