Wednesday, January 13, 2016

This book seriously is changing my life

I can't help but write how I am feeling right now.  I am about 25% into a book that is seriously changing my life.  

My goal this year was to embrace singleness.  

I love one of the first lines that Mandy Hale writes in her book The Single Woman:  Life, Love, and a Dash of Sass

"Being Happily Single doesn't mean you've sworn off love."  

I absolutely love this to the depths of who I am.  I think that in the past I just assumed that I had to give in to the "whoa is me mindset,"  that so dictates our modern culture when it comes to singleness.  I am happy!  I am actually so happy that I don't even understand how I am allowed to be this happy!  But I don't feel guilty about it, because I know that it doesn't mean that I have given up on love.  In fact it doesn't mean that at all.  Actually since I proclaimed my embracing singleness for this year mindset I feel like I have had more opportunities to  question people put in my life.  And yet, I am able to still embrace being single.   

Another Mandy Hale quote:  

"The real fairy tale is designing a life that's so amazing that you don't want to be rescued from it."  

I am well on my way!  I can't believe how busy and full my life is right now.  It is pretty much perfect, but that scares me because then that usually means that something is going to go wrong, right?  When we feel so awesome because of where our life is, then in my limited experience that means I usually do something to mess it up!  Let's just all hope for the best this time! 

Yet I love when she says this,

"And ultimately, it means that someday when you do invite someone to join you on your journey, it will be because he complements your life, not because he completes it. "

How many times have I tried to get someone who completes my life?  I go around looking for that to happen, when in all reality I had a complete life right where I was.  

This book came into my life at just the right time.  I am not about wanting to be single forever,but I am about embracing who I am as a woman who loves Jesus and wants to serve Him with my whole Heart.  

On my best day all I can do is embrace His grace, love the way He loves, and ask forgiveness when I fall short.  

I can be bold, brave, and embrace who I am.  The good, the not so good, and realize that in my weaknesses He is strong.  In my weaknesses He is able to use me.  Realize that He already has this story written, and my part in it is to live it well, to live it authentically, and to let it play out how it is supposed to.  


I think this quote sums it up nicely....


"You make mistakes.  You follow your passion.  You take wrong turns.  You set goals and chase dreams.  You figure out what makes you laugh, and you do more of it.  You learn what makes you cry, and you do less of it.  You try out careers, friendships, hobbies, and you see which ones fit.  You move out of your comfort zone.  And you don't apologize for your imperfect journey because every step along the way is one step closer to figuring out who you are and why you were put on this earth.  "  - Mandy Hale  

 

 

No comments: