Saturday, February 29, 2020

Book #9 Please Stop Helping Us

Book #9
Please Stop Helping Us
How Liberals Make It Harder for Blacks to Succeed
Jason L Riley


I was able to finish this book this past week while in Kentucky.  I will say that this was one of the harder books I have read.  Not necessarily in length or wordage, but because of the topic.   I chose it because I knew that it would make me think about my current beliefs and it would help me to rethink what I have come to believe is the best option for those around me that I view as less fortunate.  This book made me question a lot of things.

Our system sucks.   We think we are helping people, but really most of the time we are doing things that only cause more hurt and pain, and only allow more and more people to fall into poverty, crime, and feelings of despair.  I was amazed by some of the stories and statistics in this book.

I am not going to go into all of it, but just want to say that it is a book worth reading, especially for those of us on the more liberal side of the spectrum.

No comments: