Sunday, August 19, 2018

Dating is stupid and other fun facts....

I hate dating right now.  Actually I don't know that I ever enjoyed it, but it seems especially stupid right now.  Here's the thing....I refuse to go on a date with someone just because they asked me to go.  First of all, I am done with guys that claim to be the good guys.  You know the type.  They are nice, kind, offer to pay for dinner, and then they try to stick their tongues down your throat.  What?  Seriously.... I am not in the need of that kind of guy. 

Here's the thing.... last year I was ready to just take anyone.  I had pretty much determined that I wasn't worth someone being faithful, and choosing me.  I didn't think I was good enough to be wanted by a decent man.  A man that actually loved God and wanted to follow Him with their whole heart.  So I gave in, quite a bit actually.  I allowed myself to be used, and I didn't view myself the way I should have.  The truth is that I didn't think good "Christian" guys would ever treat me that way.  But they did.  One right after the other.  I'm sick of it.  I am sick and tired of men on dating sights claiming to be men of integrity when they are only after one thing. 

I'm done. 

I refused to allow them to use me.  I refuse to be someone that just gives in.  So... yes I am going to hold any man that asks me on a date to a high standard.  If you don't like that, then you know what.... you don't have to date me.  Because here's the thing....I want a family one day, but not at the expense of my beliefs.  I wont cease to believe the things I do, just to acquire a date. 

I haven't always felt like this.  Even last year at this time,  I felt like I just had to take what I could get, but you know what?  I'm done with that!  There is a man that loves Jesus, and will pursue me out there somewhere.  I have to believe that.  A man who won't be scared by my wall, my independence, or my sarcasm.  A man that will make me laugh.  A man that will be able to see through my sarcasm and understand that behind the wall I have put up is someone that just wants to be loved.  The right man will be able to break through all of those insecurities, because he will know exactly how to love with a love that doesn't come from him alone. 

I look forward to that day, and pray that I don't have to spend more more time in this stupid world of dating!  Ugh. 

No comments: