Sunday, September 18, 2016

One day....

I've been thinking about friendships, relationships, and community a lot in the past month or so.  I feel like this past year I have grown in my ability to do those things well.  I still am not perfect by any means, but I am at least in a much better place than I was a year ago.  But I still have a few hopes...


One day I hope to come across a person that I connect with on a deep level, and we just know. 

One day I hope that I come across a person that can totally get my sarcasm, and not be offended by it...but instead give it back. 

One day I hope that I come across a person that truly wants to serve others, and lead by example. 

One day I hope that I come across a person that tells me I am beautiful, and never stops saying it. 

One day I hope that I don't have to wonder if someone is just going to stop being my friend.

One day I hope that I will not doubt people's intentions. 

One day I hope that I will know what it is like to love a child of my own. 

One day I hope that I get to understand what it means to never give up on someone. 

One day I hope that someone tells me I will never be too much for them. 

One day I hope that I get to fall head over heels in love. 

One day I hope that the world especially the church stops looking down on single people, and instead embraces them. 

One day I hope that I will be able to understand others without getting mixed messages. 

One day I hope that I will be able to say exactly how I feel, when I feel it. 

One day I hope that I will be confident enough to peel away the remaining layers. 

One day I hope that people will start truly caring about the insides of others, and falling in love with souls instead of bodies. 

One day I hope that connections lead to more instead of pushing away from less.

One day I hope that intentions could just be second nature.  

One day I hope that love will overcome all. 


One day....

No comments: