Sunday, March 31, 2019

Book #13.... The War I Finally Won by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley

I read this book first, before I read the first one, but I don't know sometimes it is good to know how the story ends, right?

What a devastating time to be alive.  There were so many different emotions that I felt during the time that I read this book.  Emotions of the different characters involved.  A little girl who learns how to trust, how to love, and how to be part of a family.  Family isn't always what we think it is.  Sometimes family comes to us in ways that are so unexpected we don't even realize it, until we are in the midst of it.

I look to this story and see a time in the world's history that was dark and scary.  This is just one story.  A work of Historical Fiction.  A story of a girl who is given a new life.  But a past that still haunts her and scares her.

We all have that kind of past.  We all have things that we have to work through.  Some of us are still working through them.  But I have never known war.  I have never lived afraid for my life.  There are people in this world right now that are.  People that have to fight everyday for freedom from whatever is holding onto them.

I hope to be as brave as Ada is in conquering the things I fear in this life.  To live life to the fullest, making the most of every situation I find myself in.

I'm thankful for this story.  I'm thankful that I got a chance to know this family through the words on these pages.

May we look past titles, races, religions.  May we all see the people underneath their masks and facades.

No comments: