Monday, March 25, 2019

Book #11 Beloved by Toni Morrison

This book was not what I was expecting at all.  I actually was never made to read it in high school or college, and honestly hadn't even heard much of it.

I have so many thoughts swirling around in my head right now.  This book so much truth, and so much that I feel like I missed in this first reading.

But what I do grasp is the awful amount of pain that slavery caused.  The depth of pain is something that I can't even fathom.  I am not even sure I can put into words all that I am feeling right now after reading this book.

Sacrifice is the one word that keeps playing over and over in my head.  The sacrifices that a parent is willing to give in order to keep her/his children safe.  The sacrifices that a person must make when someone feels like they own him/her.

So much sacrifice.

So much loss.

So much forgiveness needed for the things that have been done on account of the color of someone's skin being darker than the other's.

Sadness.

No comments: