Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Authentically Solid in the Middle of Crisis...

The past 24 hours I have found myself in shock and awe of the state that I feel like my country is in at this moment in time.  I have to take a step back and wonder how in the world we got here.  How did we get to this place?  This place where we are even considering allowing someone to lead our country who consistently puts others down?  How are we allowing this to be what we are about?  

My heart aches for those that are too blind to see the truth of those running for office.  Have we just gotten so complacent or fearful that we are willing to allow anyone to hold office as long as they say that they will protect us, without thinking about the consequences?  Are we so willing to believe the lies that are being spouted out?  Are we so willing to allow others to be put down in order for our own securities to be lifted up?  

It makes me want to vomit.  The thought of how much hate is being sent out into the world.  A world that my current students are going to grow up in.  As I looked them in the eyes today, and heard their voices...I thought...wow!  You all have more wisdom then most of the adults in this country.  You as 11-12 year olds completely get it.  So, why can't the rest of us?  Why can't we see with the eyes of a child.  Why can't we understand that injustice no matter what kind is not okay?  Why do we sit around and allow someone to have such a hold over us?  Over our hearts, our mind?  Why do we believe the lies?  

I just have to hold true to myself. I have to say, I will love.  I will live.  I will pray, and I will hope that people will see the truth too.  I will hope that this is not one of those lessons that we are supposed to learn like the people of Judah. 

I will remain solid in the middle of this crisis.  This crisis that I don't see stopping anytime soon.  

My heart aches....as I wait...as I love, and as I look for truth to prevail.  At some point truth WILL prevail.  

No comments: