Thursday, July 2, 2020

Stuck in a World Where No One Cares

This post has been brewing for awhile.  But I have been trying to get to a place where I can write it with clarity and compassion.  I finally just decided that I might not be able to do either of those things right now.  We have so much going on in our country.  If we could all just see things from other people's perspectives, like really see things we might be able to compromise on some things.  But instead we have people retweeting white supremacy videos... we have people threatening to shoot people in parking lots, we have so much unrest that we just live with it and accept it.  We also have so many people looking down on others because they aren't as far along in their journey as they want them to be.  Mostly it is just a really negative world to be in right now.

Don't get me wrong I know that it is never going to be sunshine and rainbows.  Unfortunately we are all human, and what I just can't understand is why we can't love each other.

It always has to be Republican this or Democrat that.  I am so sick of party lines.  I am so sick of people that can't look beyond party lines.  I am done with it.  Not all Republicans are racist/conservative awful people.  Not all Democrats are snowflake, liberals that want to take away all guns.  Like can we just for once look at people as people?  Why is it that some of the people I have grown up knowing are the ones that can't see beyond party lines?  I just don't understand.  And for the record I am talking about people on both sides Red, and Blue.

Do you honestly think that you are bringing good into the world by all of the conservative/liberal bull crap you continue to post or say?  There is so much hate... but frankly I see it coming from my church-going conservative friends/family more then I see it from the other side.

So.... here's what I have to say...

Jesus was not aligned to any party line.  Party lines have more issues than just abortion, and gay marriage.  Party lines will not get you into heaven.  Party lines are pretty much in my opinion a bunch of bull crap.  If people looked at the actual person instead of party lines, we might be heading in a different direction then we are today!

Some of you still won't agree with me... and that's okay.  You know why?  Because I don't live my life for people to agree with me.  But you know what I also won't do?  I won't name call, I won't look down on you because you are in a different part of the journey then I am.  I won't make myself smaller so that you can fill taller.  I won't do it.  I have in the past.  I have been SO afraid of losing people that I have shrunk myself.  I have not been the authentic person I should have because I thought I was too much.  But you know what?  I'm not!  I'm not too much!

So here I am stuck in a world where no one cares.  Not that no one cares at all, but we have stopped caring about being mean to each other.  Social media and our current leadership has made it the norm to name call, put people down, and just be mean.

I pride myself in being an empath, caring, compassionate person.  But I am learning lately that doesn't mean that I have to be there for people that only want to be mean.  That doesn't mean that I have to continue to allow people to be in my life if they don't add to it.  Boundaries... .oh am I learning a lot about those.

Sometimes we have to put up some walls to make people understand that we won't be treated the way they have been treating us.  It might be lonely for awhile.... but it will be worth it.

Can we be people that care?  Can we learn how to disagree with love and compassion, instead of name calling, and putting everyone who doesn't agree with us in the category of "conservative" or "liberal?" Can we understand that love means loving everyone.... that we don't get to play Jesus.  Can we see where people are coming from without agreeing with them?  Can we be kind?

I am going to pray that I am able to be more kind, compassionate and caring in a way that allows me to still have boundaries, and not let people use me.  It is not going to happen overnight.... just like all of us being kinder won't... but you know what?

I don't want to live in a world where people see Christians and think they are all racist, bigots.  If that is what the church is becoming, then I am out!

So I am going to live like Jesus.  I am going to love people for who they are.  I am going to know that people will let me down.... and I am going to try my hardest to be the most compassionate person I can.  Because I hope one day to live in a World Where People Care.....  like actually care.  And by that I mean that the name-calling, memes have stopped.  They aren't funny or kind.....  I truly hope that this next generation can be the one that sees beyond differences and loves outside of themselves...

No comments: