Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Book #16.... Unsaid by Neil Abramson

I didn't really know what to expect with this book.  I was trying to pick something that I wouldn't usually pick.  I was also trying to pick a book that would be easy to read, because I needed easy with the crazy schedule that I've had.

This book was emotional, and it took me to a place I really didn't know I had in me.  A place that examined grief, but also lives of animals.  The level of emotion I held throughout this book was very high.  To understand this you would need to read it.  There was a lot that I took away from it.  A lot that I learned from it.

The first is that everyone grieves in their own way.  I think that I knew this, but this book was a portrait of that.  It so clearly allowed me to see just how we need each other in our grief even when we don't know that we do.  We need to be able to lean on each other, and open up to sharing the moments with others.  So they are able to be there when we need to lean on someone.

The second is that animals are an integral part of our world, and we need to treat them better.  I think that there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes of the pharmaceutical company that I am just not aware of.  Understanding that maybe I need to be open to more research and understanding more of how testing is done is something that this book brought out in me.

The third is that love is something we all need.  Every breathing creature needs love.  We can't block ourselves completely out of it, or we will not survive.  We have to learn that love is what it takes to get through all the ups and downs.  Why don't we love more?  Why aren't we willing to go out on a limb for each other more?

I'm going to try to do that for sure.  So here's to love, and learning about how to be in that love.  

No comments: