Wednesday, July 26, 2017

40 before 40 update....

It seems like quite a while since I last posted anything, and in fact it kind of has been a long time.  I have found myself with a lot of new things happening in my life the last few months.... new job, new boyfriend, new apartment (almost), new almost other job.  That's a lot of change, a lot of transition, and a lot of adventure.  I'm going to write another blog about all of that, but this one is for my 40 before 40 list.  It is always good to look over a list that has been made and ponder if it is still applicable.  A lot of the things on my list, are in fact things that I still want to do, while some of the things on my list aren't really as important to me as they were at this time last year.  So I am going to change them up a little.  I'm also going to check off the ones that are complete!  Yay! 

#1  Attend a Renaissance Festival 

#2  Celebrate New Year's in New York City and watch the ball drop!

#3  Pay School Loans down   Yay!  This is on the right track, but still working on it! 

#4  Go Skydiving

#5  Get a tattoo  I have TWO tattoos now!  Yippeee!!!!  Love my elephant and owl! 

#6  Drive the Pacific Coast Highway all the way down California

#7  See a show on Broadway

#8  Get to know 5 good wine and cheese pairings, and host a wine tasting

#9  Hike some of the PCT

#10  Get in the best shape of my life

#11  Go skinnydipping  (I'm changing this one)   #11   Go a spa for a whole weekend  (seems more doable)

#12  Go to an Art Museum once a year (Yikes, I need to get on this one for this year!)

#13  Visit Napa Valley

#14  Go on a cruise

#15  Learn how to cook Risotto  (going to try to get this done before August 30th)

#16  Go geocaching

#17  Meet a hero (Mandy Hale, Glennon Doyle, Cheryl Strayed)

#18  Be open to new dating opportunities  (I did well with this!!!)

#19  Take the ultimate U.S. Road Trip (solo) 

#20  Read every book by C.S. Lewis  (I need to make my list)

#21  Learn to Knit  (Still working on this, but I am a great loom knitter)

#22  Take Spanish and be able to hold a conversation  (Ugh, not so great with this)

#23  Read 100 books  (Need to make my list)

#24  Get a hair cut at a fancy salon

#25  Cook/Bake all my gma's recipes

#26  See a show at The Fox

#27  Read the Bible Cover to Cover each year

#28   Drink tea instead of coffee in the afternoon  Changing this  #28 Drink MORE tea!!!!! 

#29  Run the Bolder Boulder

#30  Watch every film on AFI top 100

#31  Go to the doctor/dentist/eye doctor as recommended  (Getting better with this)

#32  Complete a 1/2 marathon

#33  Write a short story

#34  Take a 24 hour solitude/no phone retreat 4 times a year  (I didn't do this at all)

#35  Pray everyday  (More work needed with this)

#36  Donate 2% of income each year to charity

#37  Try yoga

#38  Send 10 letters a year to friends far away  (I will do this)

#39  Make something crafty and sell it  (Yay!  I did this!  )

#40  Build my business




Really I have not done very many from my list... so looks like I better get crackin'!  Look for more blogs this YEAR OF 36!  

No comments: