Friday, April 24, 2015

Absolutely Authentic from A to Z! Understanding

There comes a time in your life when you have to be understanding.  Understanding of other people's beliefs, thoughts, dreams, and faults.  I find that the older I get the more understanding I am in the small things, and the less understanding I am in the big things.  Why is that?  Or maybe perhaps what I used to think of as a big thing was really a small thing, and what I think of now as a small thing is really a big thing?  Hmmm....

For instance I really can't stand when people invade other's personal space.  It really, really bothers me.  I find myself not being very understanding.  However someone can have a car accident that was clearly their fault, but I just find myself being so understanding for that person.  I am just like..."oh they must have had a lot going on."  What is the difference in those situations?  Why can I be so understanding at one thing, but not the other. 

Another example is gossip.  I have a REALLY hard time being understanding when it comes to people gossiping about those that are close to me, but then I am perfectly fine about people gossiping about movie stars, or those that I don't know.  Why?  They are still people....why can I understand when they do it against strangers, but not those that I know? 

Being understanding takes a lot of patience, and compassion.  It takes looking at the other person and seeing their perspective.  I don't do the best at that. 

I am working on being a more understanding person, but it is a journey that is for sure.



What about you?  Are you authentically understanding? 




No comments: