Sunday, December 6, 2020

Determined 2021

 It's that time of the year!  I can't believe that it is 6 days in to the last month of 2020!  What a crazy year it has been.  My word for this year was Transformation.  I think that I did a good job of letting my life be transformed.  As much as any life could be in 2020.  But really I think this year made me stop and just be thankful for life.  For the laughs, for the moments in the past that I have been able to go out and actually do things.  Maybe it wasn't the transformation I was expecting, but I am a better person because of this year.  


In 25 days we will be celebrating the end of a year and the beginning of something new.  I had high hopes that this year would be the year that I would meet that man.  You know the one that would love me and sweep me away with all kinds of romantic gestures!  Just in case you wondered.... it didn't happen!  


But I think that in itself was part of my transformation.  I still want that.... but I'm also okay.  I'm okay making life the best it can be.  Whether that means eventually getting married or not. Being okay with singleness.... that in itself is a transformation.  


So, as I was pondering this next year.  I thought about what it is I truly want.  I turn 40 in August of 2021....  40!  It feels so much younger then it did when I was 20!  I want this year to be the year.  The year that I get out of debt.  The year that I weigh a healthier weight.  The year I write my book.  The year I find a job that I love, and can retire in.  


2021's word of the year is DETERMINED!  


I am determined to be the best I can.  Determined to lose weight, and start running.  Determined to hike as much as I can.  Be outside as much as I can.  Determined to finish the book that I have been on the cusp of writing for so long.  Determined to not let others decide my life for me.....  


So here's to a new year.... and a very determined me!  

No comments: