Sunday, January 11, 2015

Day 11: The Beverly Hilton and other Memories

I have to admit that tonight was one of those nights when I just had to let the memories flood my mind.  I had to just sit back and say...it is completely okay to remember past experiences with someone who can no longer be a part of my everyday life.  It is not bad to remember those things, it is not unhealthy, in fact I think it was actually part of the healing process.  To say that I enjoyed that time, I enjoyed being at that place with that man, and that it was meant to be for the experience we both had.  I am so very thankful.  A couple of months ago I wasn't and I wouldn't have written this.  But now thinking over some memories today, I can say I am so very thankful.  My heart is still healing, and there are still times when I want to cry out why did things have to end up this way.  In the end though, I know that it needed to happen.  I am not sure what the future holds but I am so thankful.

As I sit here watching the Golden Globes, thinking about a different time when I was there, experiencing the "high life."  I am thankful for that too.  If I never get to experience that kind of amazingness again....I will be okay, because I had it once and once was enough. 

No comments: